Before undergoing Breast Augmentation, it’s important to ask your surgeon key questions. Specific requests, concerns, or thoughts on how you want your breasts to look should be discussed during your initial consultation. We have identified a set of frequently asked questions you will find useful to ask beforehand to help you achieve satisfaction with your breast augmentation results:
1. How long have you been practicing plastic surgery and more importantly
2. How many breast enhancements have you done?
3. What is your educational background in plastic surgery?
You need to make sure that the surgeon has been trained to your standards to carry out your breast augmentation procedure to a high standard. Both relevant experience and credible qualification are key in determining the best surgeon for you. Your surgeon must be certified and accredited by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You can also ask for them to show proof of certification.
4. What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
5. How long can I expect the healing process to take and what will be my post operation limitations?
6. Do you have a photo gallery of work you have done (ask to see this)?
7. How long will my procedure last?
Your surgeon should always explain every risk and potential complication associated with your surgery. All surgeons, under law, must thoroughly explain each prior to surgery. No question is a bad question: If you have any question which remains unclear continue discussions with your surgeon until the answer is clear and fully understood.
8. Am I a good candidate for breast enhancement or breast enlargement?
Your surgeon should explain to you whether you are an ideal candidate and offer procedure recommendations. If your surgeon feels that there are elevated risks or if you will not achieved the results you want, it should be clearly explained and other options presented.
9. Have you had experience with complications in the past?
10. How are complications handled?
While complications are uncommon, they do occur: It is important to understand what to expect and how any potential complications.
Read more on Breast Augmention: Ten Important Questions to Ask the Surgeon Before Your Procedure »
Tags: Breast augmentation, Chevy Chase, Maryland, questions, Washington D.C.